The agreement with SABESP - Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo aims to develop and support scientific and technological cooperative research projects among researchers and institutions of higher education and research, public or private, in the State of São Paulo.
The main themes to be developed are the following:
- Membrane filtration technology in water treatment and sewage plants;
- Alternative treatment, disposal and use of sludge water treatment plants (ETAS) and sewage treatment plants (ETES);
- New technologies for implementation, operation and maintenance of water distribution and sewer collection systems;
- New technologies for the improvement of unit operations;
- Monitoring of water quality;
- Energy efficiency;
- Economics of sanitation.