Busca avançada
Ano de início
Entree
(Referência obtida automaticamente do Web of Science, por meio da informação sobre o financiamento pela FAPESP e o número do processo correspondente, incluída na publicação pelos autores.)

Identification through MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and antimicrobial susceptibility profiling of bacterial pathogens isolated from sow urinary tract infection

Texto completo
Autor(es):
Mostrar menos -
Moreno, Luisa Z. [1] ; Matajira, Carlos E. C. [1] ; Poor, Andre P. [1] ; Mesquita, Renan E. [1] ; Gomes, Vasco T. M. [1] ; Silva, Ana Paula S. [1] ; Amigo, Cristina R. [1] ; Christ, Ana Paula G. [2] ; Barbosa, Mikaela R. F. [2] ; Sato, Maria Ines Z. [2] ; Moreno, Andrea M. [1]
Número total de Autores: 11
Afiliação do(s) autor(es):
[1] Univ Sao Paulo, Fac Med Vet & Zootecnia, Dept Med Vet Prevent & Saude Anim, Sao Paulo - Brazil
[2] Companhia Ambiental Estado Sao Paulo CETESB, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Número total de Afiliações: 2
Tipo de documento: Artigo Científico
Fonte: VETERINARY QUARTERLY; v. 38, n. 1, p. 1-8, DEC 7 2017.
Citações Web of Science: 2
Resumo

Background: Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common disease in sows due to intensification of pig production. Despite direct economic losses, UTI prevalence and respective microbial identification are still poorly studied. Objective: The aims of this study were to identify the causative agents of UTI in sows through MALDI-TOF MS and to characterize their antimicrobial resistance profiles. Materials and Methods: Urine samples from 300 sows of three herds from Sao Paulo State (Brazil) were screened for UTI; suggestive samples were submitted to bacterial isolation. Species identification was performed by MALDI-TOF MS and susceptibility profiles were determined using disc diffusion method. Results: 128 samples suggestive of UTI were analyzed; 48% of the animals presented UTI caused by a single pathogen, while the remaining 52% presented mixed infection. Escherichia coli stood out with the highest frequency among both single and mixed infections. The Gram-positive were exclusively associated with 27% of single infections. The mixed infections were further classified into 49 profiles. The high frequency of multiresistant profiles stood out for most of the studied isolates. Conclusions: MALDI-TOF MS enabled the identification of rare pathogens related to UTI which may represent higher risk for porcine health, especially considering high frequency of multiresistant profiles. (AU)

Processo FAPESP: 15/26159-1 - Análise comparativa de genomas de estirpes de Streptococcus suis isoladas de suínos no Brasil
Beneficiário:Carlos Emilio Cabrera Matajira
Linha de fomento: Bolsas no Brasil - Doutorado
Processo FAPESP: 16/25745-7 - Avaliação da virulência e caracterização fenotípica e genômica de estirpes de Corynebacterium spp. isoladas de infecção urinária de suínos
Beneficiário:Luisa Zanolli Moreno
Linha de fomento: Bolsas no Brasil - Pós-Doutorado