Busca avançada
Ano de início
Entree
(Referência obtida automaticamente do Web of Science, por meio da informação sobre o financiamento pela FAPESP e o número do processo correspondente, incluída na publicação pelos autores.)

The latent trait of ICD-11 nicotine dependence criteria: Dimensional and categorical phenotypes

Texto completo
Autor(es):
Castaldelli-Maia, Joao Mauricio [1] ; Andrade, Laura H. [1] ; Storr, Carla L. [1] ; Viana, Maria C. [1] ; Andrade, Arthur G. [1] ; Martins, Silvia S. [1]
Número total de Autores: 6
Afiliação do(s) autor(es):
[1] Nucleo Epidemiol Psiquiatr NEP LIM 23, Rua Dr Ovidio Pires Campos 785, BR-05403903 Sao Paulo, SP - Brazil
Número total de Afiliações: 1
Tipo de documento: Artigo Científico
Fonte: PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH; v. 266, p. 275-283, AUG 2018.
Citações Web of Science: 2
Resumo

We aimed to identify phenotypes of DSM-ICD nicotine dependence among a representative sample of lifetime weekly smokers in the largest metropolitan area in South America. Data came from 1,387 lifetime weekly smokers in the Sao Paulo Megacity Mental Health Survey. We used exploratory factor analysis (EFA) and latent class analysis (LCA) on ICD-11 nicotine dependence proposed criteria to explore dimensionality and phenotypes profiles, followed by logistic regression models to examine the association between latent classes and sociodemographic, psychiatric and chronic medical conditions. Analyses were performed using Mplus taking into account the complex survey design features. An unidimensional model had the best EFA fit with high loadings on all criteria. Response patterns detected by LCA indicated class differences based on severity continuum: a ``non symptomatic class{''} (32.0%), a ``low-moderate symptomatic class{''} (34.9%) with high probability of the criterion ``use in larger amounts{''}, and a ``high-moderate symptomatic class{''} (33.1%). We found an association between high-income and the intermediate class that differs from findings in high-income countries, and high likelihood of psychiatric comorbidity among the most symptomatic smokers. The best dimensional model that pulled together nicotine dependence criteria supported a single factor, in concordance with the changes proposed for ICD-11. (AU)

Processo FAPESP: 03/00204-3 - Estudo epidemiológico dos transtornos psiquiátricos na região metropolitana de São Paulo: prevalências, fatores de risco e sobrecarga social e econômica
Beneficiário:Laura Helena Silveira Guerra de Andrade Burdmann
Linha de fomento: Auxílio à Pesquisa - Temático
Processo FAPESP: 11/50517-4 - Identificação dos diferentes subgrupos de usuários de álcool e fatores associados na região metropolitana de São Paulo: diferenças entre gêneros, dados sociodemográficos e comorbidades psiquiátricas
Beneficiário:Laura Helena Silveira Guerra de Andrade Burdmann
Linha de fomento: Auxílio à Pesquisa - Regular