This page displays international collaborative research information funded by FAPESP.
In order to encourage the researchers in São Paulo to develop collaborations in research with colleagues from other countries, FAPESP provides several financial instruments to support research.
There are several cooperation partnerships and agreements with funding agencies, research institutions and foreign companies, under which Calls for Proposals are opened in order to select and co-finance collaborative research.
Opportunities are announced in specific calls or by means of SPRINT - São Paulo Researchers in International Collaboration, an initiative launched in 2014. With this instrument, funding is provided for the initial phase of international research collaboration (proposals to enhance researchers’ mobility - seed funding). At SPRINT calls, there are clear expectations that the next phase will be a presentation of research proposals by both Principal Researchers (one from the State of São Paulo and the other from a foreign country). These proposals shall be in accordance with the regular funding lines of FAPESP and with the funding agencies available to the foreign partners, aiming to continue the research started under SPRINT and the consequent consolidation of the partnership.
In addition, FAPESP provides the following institutional instruments aimed to enhance international research collaboration:
- Visiting Researcher Grant
- Scholarships for Research Abroad
- São Paulo School of Advanced Science (ESPCA)
- Scholarships abroad - Research Internship
- São Paulo Excellence Chair (SPEC)
- Pass the arrow over the country to view the amount of Grants and Scholarships in collaboration with the country.
- Click on the chosen country to see details of Grants and Scholarships.
- To zoom in/out the map use the scroll wheel.
- To move, click and drag.
- To re-center, double-click on the map.