Advanced search
Start date
Betweenand
(Reference retrieved automatically from Web of Science through information on FAPESP grant and its corresponding number as mentioned in the publication by the authors.)

Ideal profile of essential amino acids for Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in the finishing growth phase

Full text
Author(s):
Rodrigues, Andressa T. [1] ; Mansano, Cleber F. M. [2] ; Khan, Kifayat U. [1] ; Nascimento, Thiago M. T. [1] ; Boaratti, Andre Z. [1] ; Sakomura, Nilva K. [3] ; Fernandes, Joao B. K. [1]
Total Authors: 7
Affiliation:
[1] Sao Paulo State Univ UNESP, Aquaculture Ctr, Via Acesso Prof Paulo Donato Castellane, BR-14884900 Jaboticabal, SP - Brazil
[2] Brazil Univ Univ Brazil, Dept Vet Med, Fernandopolis - Brazil
[3] Sao Paulo State Univ UNESP, Fac Agr & Vet Sci, Dept Anim Sci, Jaboticabal - Brazil
Total Affiliations: 3
Document type: Journal article
Source: AQUACULTURE RESEARCH; v. 51, n. 11 AUG 2020.
Web of Science Citations: 0
Abstract

This study aimed to estimate the ideal profile of essential amino acids (EAAs) for Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in the finishing growth phase. A total of 264 fish (initial average weight of 625 g) were distributed among randomly arranged 33 fibre tanks of 1000-L water capacity each, connected to a water recirculation system. The 60-day experiment consisted of 11 treatments with three replicates each and fish were fed three times a day. The treatments consisted of a control diet (CD), 45% of which was composed of crystalline amino acids along with purified ingredients and the remaining 55% was contributed by the conventional ingredients meeting the nutritional requirements, and other 10 EAA-deficient test diets (DD) which were deficient from 33%-41% in each evaluated AA. The essential amino acid ratios were calculated from the relationship between body nitrogen retention and the amount of amino acid deleted from the test diet. This study found the following ideal profile of essential amino acids expressed in relation to lysine (100%); arginine (80.73%), phenylalanine (69.73%), histidine (34.15%), isoleucine (51.24%), leucine (66.01%), methionine (41.49%), threonine (88.96%), tryptophan (23.07%) and valine (72.63%). (AU)

FAPESP's process: 13/25761-4 - Modeling production and nutritional requirements of poultry and fish
Grantee:Nilva Kazue Sakomura
Support type: Research Projects - Thematic Grants